Marine Diesel Engine Mechanic
Perform skilled work in the maintenance and repair of marine diesel engines, marine machinery, and related equipment using hand and power tools along with technical manuals and schematic charts.
Primary Job Functions:
- Proficient in diagnosis of diesel engine repair
- Perform major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on marine engines, generators and related equipment and systems
- Dismantles and repairs defective equipment or engine, or replaces defective parts, and reassembles equipment, using appropriate tools.
- Examines engine equipment and related systems such as exhaust, cooling, electronic and hydraulic to locate malfunctions.
- Communicates and presents the problem, cause, and solution to the customer.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Troubleshooting. Determining what is causing an operating error and deciding what to do about it.
- Testing. Conducting tests to determine whether equipment, software, or procedures are operating as expected
- Problem Identification.
- Active Listening. Listening to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate
- 5 years minimum of Marine Diesel Engine mechanic experience
- Valid Driver’s License
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Blue Cross medical, VSP vision plan, 401(K), Life Insurance, Paid vacation, Sick time, and Holiday. 5-day work week (Monday – Friday).